If you’re on old reader dropping by, rest assured that I am still here. It’s been a long road since I first started this page, and I’ve tried a variety of different approaches that just haven’t panned out. Somewhere along the way I lost focus on the narratives, and the truth is: I am not a blogger.
Instead of trying to fill the void with writing that is either some tired trope about the process of being a writer or which is about something tangential or irrelevant, I’m focusing on getting the actual narratives that matter to me done. Sure, it was fun writing stuff like The Sound of Crickets in High Summer, but it was just an amusing aside. So…..
I won’t pretend that everything on here is great – much of it is smply WIP that could badly do with an editor, and like I said, some of it is just for fun – but what I want to focus on now is simply getting the books that are in my head written out. There’s a back log, and if I don’t fixated on them, then they’ll never come to life. Right now then, this page is going to be a store for what I’ve done, and a platform for what is coming.
I hope you enjoy!
Latest blog posts:
- Short Story (Part 5 Finale): When The Tide Comes InIn our last installment Aphelia was downed and stranded in the no man’s land of the battlefield where she encountered one of the enemy who showed her a strange mercy. Taking Theran’s lifeless body with … Continue reading Short Story (Part 5 Finale): When The Tide Comes In
- Short Story (Part 4): When The Tide Comes InPart 4 coming in. Sorry for anyone waiting – doubly so because this is actually going to be the penultimate chapter. And I know that it’s more than a touch unpolished. Ultimately it’s more like … Continue reading Short Story (Part 4): When The Tide Comes In
- Covidoverload: Thoughts On CoronaconspiraciesThe world is a bizarre place, filled with unknowable oddities and questionable realities, and adding to this is some of the strange posts that pop up from friends on things like Facebook. I’ve seen anti-vax … Continue reading Covidoverload: Thoughts On Coronaconspiracies
- Short Story (Part 3): When The Tide Comes InContinuing the story, Aphelia has a conversation with a familiar (and rather odd) barman before taking to the air on her resupply mission. Sorry if it needs a little more work – you’re really my … Continue reading Short Story (Part 3): When The Tide Comes In
- Short Story (Part 2): When The Tide Comes InLast week our intrepid party-goer Ellie met a rather curious bar-tender and found herself in a bit of a pickle as she hit the bathroom floor. The question is, where did she wake up? (What … Continue reading Short Story (Part 2): When The Tide Comes In